Warning: Declaration of Auxin_Walker_Nav_Menu_Front::walk($elements, $max_depth, $args = NULL) should be compatible with Walker::walk($elements, $max_depth, ...$args) in /home/meliss23/public_html/unitedallianceservices.com/wp-content/themes/phlox-pro/auxin/auxin-include/classes/class-auxin-walker-nav-menu-front.php on line 0
Confined Space for the Competent Person
November 22 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC-4$399
This course is designed to provide training to participants on the scope, application, responsibilities for the host, entry, & controlling employers of the NEW confined space standards in construction (29CFR1926 Subpart AA) effective as of August 3rd, 2015.
OSHA’s confined space entry standards for general industry [1910.146] and their new confined spaces for construction standard [1926 Subpart AA] require companies and organizations to implement a confined space entry program if their employees will enter permit-required confined spaces. A major element of a confined space program is providing confined space training for all employees involved in confined space entry work; that includes the entrant(s), attendant, and the entry supervisor.
- Overview of OSHA’s permit-required confined space entry standards for construction
- OSHA definitions of key terms
- Identify responsibilities of host, entry and controlling contractors
- Health and safety hazards associated with confined space work
- Identifying which confined spaces are permit-required
- OSHA requirements for reclassification of permit spaces to non-permit
- OSHA’s alternate entry procedures for select permit-required confined spaces
- Signage requirements
- Elements of a written confined space entry program
- The requirements for permit programs and the permit system
- Duties of entrants, attendants and entry supervisors
- Confined rescue requirements
- OSHA requirements for dealing with on-site contractors
- Personal protective equipment requirements
- Identifying and measuring atmospheric hazards
- Ventilation techniques
Who Should Attend:
All personnel within the construction industry assigned to enter confined spaces for the purposes of working or reclassifying permit required confined spaces to non-permit confined spaces or alternate procedures.
- 29 CFR 1926 Subpart AA